(Yes, I really did just quote “Closing Time” by Semisonic. It sort of worked, title-wise).
Anyway, last week, Keynote’s Summer Project ’07 came to an end. Here’s the wrap-up info
– 5 bands on tour for 3 weeks
– 22,000 road miles travelled
– 57 concerts played
– 5815 people were exposed to the gospel
– 1065 people lead in worship
– 248 people indicated making decisions for Christ
– 1 equipment trailer replaced by Ryder truck mid-tour (axle broken after being backed into a big fence after a concert at a detention facility…).
So now, our biennial journey to Colorado begins. We leave this week for Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, where we will live for the next couple of weeks and serve at Crusade’s U.S. Staff Conference. Over 5000 Crusade staff (and their kids) move onto the campus for training, teaching, worship and incalculable trips to Starbucks.
I’ll be playing guitar on the worship team that leads all of those folks in worship in the basketball arena on campus (the only place big enough to hold us all!), so it will be a ‘working’ conference, but a lot of fun. I’ll try to post pictures on here as things develop.
So any extra prayers for safe travel, cheap gasoline and guitar strings that supernaturally do not go out of tune (or break) would be appreciated! Oh, and also that God would encourage, strengthen and embolden our 5000 friends at the conference. That would be a good prayer too.